Sunday 24 March 2019

Banana and Blueberry Muffins

On the weekend I had dinner at my parents house. My mum made a blueberry cake, which was very tasty. But this recipe is not for that blueberry cake. My mum mis-read the recipe and ended up buying 1.6 kg of blueberries when she probably only needed 200g! The result of this was that she sent home blueberries with all of us.

So what did I do with them? I dusted off a recipe I haven't used for at least a year. A recipe that I used to make all the time when my daughter was younger. It's so easy, so tasty, they freeze really well and better yet, it doesn't require any added sugar. So, half an hour later, I had a double batch of blueberry and banana muffins. (And an hour later my daughter had eaten three of them!)

Go on! Give them a go!

Banana and Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients

  • 150g self-raising flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 60g unsalted butter
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
  • 3 large, very ripe bananas (I usually have some in the freezer)
  • a punnet of blueberries
Method
Preheat the oven to 190 degrees, then grease or line muffin trays. This recipe makes 8-10 muffins.
Sift flour and cinnamon into a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Melt the butter in a separate bowl, then in another bowl mash the bananas into a smooth, thick puree using a fork. Add the eggs and melted butter and mix well. Stir the blueberries into the flour then pour in the banana mixture and fold together gently. Spoon the mixture into the muffin tray. Bake for 10-15 minutes (depending on the size of the muffins).

I asked my daughter to bake with me, so she brought all her own cookware up to the bench.

Double the goodness!
I added in some choc chips. Maybe that's why she ate so many!

No comments:

Post a Comment