Sunday 26 November 2017

Home made icy poles

This is not a post for school lunch box snacks. This if for after school, for weekends, for holidays!

With the heat we have been having I decided to bring out my Tupperware icy pole maker things. I bought some frozen mango ages ago but hadn't done anything with them. I also found a punnet of strawberries I had put in the freezer, so I thought I'd do a Google search to see what I could make with them. What I found was super easy and healthy. And it turns out my little girl loves it too! WIN!

Check out the recipe below, or visit the following website for other ideas https://www.healthymummy.com/strawberry-mango-icy-poles/

Strawberry & Mango Icy Poles

Ingredients:

  • 1 large mango, peeled and chopped
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • ½ cup water OR Greek yoghurt OR coconut milk (I used vanilla yoghurt in my fridge)
  • ½ cup strawberries, chopped

Method:

  • Place the mango, lime juice and water into a blender and puree until smooth.
  • Throw the chopped strawberries and blend a little before pouring the mixture into the moulds.
  • Freeze overnight or until set.
Makes: 4 depending on size of moulds.

Enjoy!

Do you have any variations that are just as good?



No comments:

Post a Comment